Faovrite 'Green' Movie?

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Reflection: Weeks 15 & 16


Hey again everybody. So the class is over, and it has definitely been an eye opening class. So after I reflect on these past couple of weeks, I'm going to reflect on the whole class.

Weeks 15 started out with Sue Whitney, Professional Junker, coming into our class and talking to us about all things junk. This was a nice little treat for a couple of reasons. Reason the first, she was an interesting lady. Just hearing her story, and hearing what she thinks about junking was cool. Reason the second, she gave us one of her awesome books. It worked out perfect because my mom is an avid junker, and later that day I was sending my Mother's Day gift. So when we received the book from Ms. Whitney, I put the book right in the package along with my original gift. I talked with my mom on the phone a couple of days later and she loved it.

Next class period, we reflected on the class as a whole. It was a nice relaxing day outside.

But our main online activity was to do a blog post on an online learning activity to educate our Blogging Groups on our main issue in our advocacy project. I created Name That Phobia. We then had to go into our each person blog and complete their learning activity. I enjoyed each and everyone one that I completed.

But now to look back and reflect on this past semester.
  • Our first activity - Where we had to stand inside the rope circles, and Dr V kept taking them away. Good times
  • All of our readings due. Not always exciting to read, but they were still essential to the course.
  • Watching 'An Inconvenient Truth'. Our first huge eye opener.
  • Cosmanics
  • Water Privatization - No one started out wanting to talk about it a whole lot, but then we all realized how big of a deal it really was.
  • All of the different Photo Essays. All equally awesome
  • Story of Stuff, which talked about what all it takes to make a product and sell it.
  • Our nature hike
  • Junking. From hammerhead shaped cookie cutters, to ship in a bottle, to an M shaped yard decoration for Ms. Marquette.
So overall, this was an awesome class, and I am glad I had the opportunity to take it. Have a good summer everybody! Steve out!



16 comments:

  1. Haha, nice reflection Steve! (idk if you should put Autumns whole name in here) But thanks for taking us for a walk down memory lane! Great job this semester and I hope to see ya around this summer, take care=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great reflection Steve!! I really liked how you reflected on the whole year! Great job in the class and have a great summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Steve!
    Great last refection. I enjoyed this semester with you and reading your blogs!! You are so funny. Great job this semester and with blogging! I'll miss reading your Share and Voices!! haha
    Were definitely hanging out this summer!

    Love, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steve

    What a wonderful way to leave the semester. You have had so many amazing and unique blogs and I loved reading every single one of them! Great job and have an amazing summer. although you best be hanging out with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Steve- I forgot about the rope activity that we had to do haha!! This semester was soo much fun!! I loved all of your blogs..they always made me laugh!! Have a good summer!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. this blog got me through my horrible teenager years. i remember loving coming home from school and seeing new Dwight Howard Lakers Jersey from you. and not just the posts, but also the replies i got from you. this site was definitely my favourite of any punk uploading blog out there. you turned me on to so many great bands that we be will with me forever. even those rocking emails you sent me, were great. i haven't been around the blogging world for months now and i really don't know why i left. i love talking music with you but i guess when i lost interest with my blog it kinda continued over to all the other blogs. i'm addicted to the No Homers forum right now so that's where i've been most of the time. i have to visit your other newer site and see what's cooking there. hell, this blog had a fantastic run, with most of the posts being top notch. i would say all your posts were top notch, but you posted a lot of metal too. yep, i'm still not a fan of it. but hey, you love it, that's all that matters. it always saddens me to see something end. but especially this blog, it's like i'm loosing a piece of myself. anyway, i'd just like to say a final THANK YOU for everything you've done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post is wonderful! Thank you for providing with such amazing content. This reminds me provided by this amazing assignment help website, CMA. They have amazing content and information covering each and every topic in Assignment Help. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. https://newsportal.page4.me/_blog/2017/12/ gives you all the information you need on what is happening in the world ?
    If you want to know the latest trending news from all across the globe then visit the website of house of bakchodi

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can easily boost your knowledge in every field with our experts assistance and easily become the topper with the iiiasa only. Without any doubt IIIASA is the best IAS interview coaching in Jaipur as we have number working teachers working with us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am extremely impressed with your writing skills and also with the layout on your blog. Get best assignment help from Complete my assignment in minimum price. We provide you with best written work. Complete My Assignment

    ReplyDelete
  11. I already read certain articles on same topic but your article is outstanding from others. I mean beyond from my recent read articles because you covered well required topic here likewise you should read about Free Malware Scanner tool.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the useful info you provide for your articles. It is definitely informative. Your site is very useful and resource of this type of information. For more info in detail click here Is Advanced Identity Protector legitimate?.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Are you preparing for the nmrc i.e for the noida metro admit card?
    If yes then here is a good information for you all.
    The noida metro admit card have been released now and you all can download it from the website.
    Keeping an admit card with you during the exam is a very important part as without the admit card you won't be allowed to give the exam.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts.
    Get Best Working at Heights Course.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Travel Portal Development is top technology company providing one stop solution accross the world.



    ReplyDelete