Faovrite 'Green' Movie?

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Reflection: Weeks 13 & 14

To quote the shark in Toy Story, Howdy Howdy Howdy! (If anybody knows what I'm talking about, you are officially awesome. If not, here is the clip. Such a good movie)




I'm wondering if there is such a thing as Super-Senioritis...if there is, I may have it. Either way, lets take a look back at the past couple of weeks.

WEEK 13
13 started off with the Story of Stuff, by Annie Leonard. It was about how the things we use on a daily basis go through a chain of events that effect the environment. It mentioned the extraction of the goods needed to make a product, then the actual production of it, then onto the distribution, then when consumers consume/use the product, then the disposal. When I was watching the video, I simplified it to 'Take it...Make it...Sell it...Use it...Throw it...'

Then on Thursday we ended up at Bagley Nature Area. At first I thought we were just going to go on a little hike, but we ended up using compasses and having to navigate around in the woods. Honestly I had a lot of fun trying to get around. I was half expecting me to get lost out there, but it all worked out.

WEEK 14
This week started off with a guest speaker from the Civil Engagements Office. He mainly talked about some career options in Environmental Health. He did get me thinking about whether or not I could like having a career in EH. Honestly, I don't know if I could or not. That's another conversation in itself.

Then Thursday comes along. Dr. V brought it some junk, and we had to figure out ways to make the items useful. It was a heck of a lot of fun. My mom likes to do stuff like this, so I had some minor experience with it prior to the class period.

Another thing we had to do these past couple weeks was blog about our Advocacy Projects. We had to look into our issues, and then write a letter to our public official. A lot of political stuff. I am not good at it. I realize how important all of this stuff is, but its hard for me to pay attention to this type of stuff.

Onward to week 15!

5 comments:

  1. Hey Steve-
    Great overview of the past couple weeks.. isn't it crazy to think this semester is almost over? I liked your cartoon in the beginning as well.. great flick.. anywho keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, good to know that I’m officially awesome because I’ve seen Toy Story! And about the Bagley Nature Area, I thought we were going on a walk too! Man, were we tricked. But I had a lot of fun navigating with you Ben and Derek, good thing I was in your group otherwise you boys would have been severely lost;P Good Reflection Steve! Hang in there, we only got two more weeks left!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steve
    I love love love Toy Story! I'm so glad you had that clip on there! Thanks for all your hard work helping group 1 come up with wonderful junking names! Cheese grater... gotta love it! Great Review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah great start to a reflection Steve! Toy Story is such a good movie!
    I was also surprised at the nature walk when we actually had to use our navigational skills!! You threw in many great ideas for the junk project!! SO funny and very creative!
    These past couple weeks have been really fun! Good job Steve

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Steve... I do believe there is such a thing as super senioritis lol!! I can see how the fact that you have had experience with your mom junking, because you threw out a lot of good/funny ideas!!!:)

    ReplyDelete